Join Our Team
IF YOU ARE LIKE US AND ALWAYS STRIVING TO IMPROVE, YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT AT MIKE’S CLEAN FREAKS.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION. YOU WILL GET A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE ARE ABOUT, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF WE’RE A GOOD FIT FOR YOU.
We are the best cleaning company in Perth. What this means is we have extremely high standards! We don’t hire just anybody, we only hire the best. If you’re happy being average, or don’t take constructive feedback well, you would be better off as a contractor working for another company.
We specifically hire employees because this allows us to provide training, and have a proper training system for employees to go through. We strictly don’t hire contractors because it is illegal to provide contractors with any training. Without training, having consistently high standards would be nearly impossible to achieve.
We are a subscription company with no lock in contracts. This means we only serve clients who would like a weekly, fortnightly or monthly clean. We do meticulous cleaning of homes and offices only.
Why work for Mike’s Clean Freaks?
- No ABN required. We hire employees, not contractors!
- Great pay – starting at $30.10 per hour plus superannuation for casual staff, We even offer performance bonuses!
- Just because you are casual, it doesn’t mean you’re not permanent. We want you to stay for as long as possible! If you fit and follow our core values every day, your job will be 100% safe, and we’ll want you to stay forever!
- Casual staff get paid a 15% higher hourly rate compared to part time. It is a common misconception that casual staff aren’t entitled to superannuation. This is not true, every employee must get paid super.
- Good employees will receive plenty of public acknowledgement, as we believe in the power of appreciation.
- Most shifts are between the hours 9am to 3pm. Perfect for young mums! Occasionally you may be required to miss the school run, so having a backup person you trust would be hugely beneficial. If this happens we generally give at least a few days notice.
- Work solo and in teams, depending on the size or type of job. Most recurring jobs (your regular customers), you will be working solo, especially once you’re established into our system.
- Work in a happy environment, and get treated well!
- We are based in Byford and only serve clients south of the river. We aim to only give you jobs located within 20 minutes of your home.
- Once you have your own clients, you will drive straight to the job, and straight home again. There is no stopping by an office to pickup or drop off supplies.
- You can cancel your gym membership – this keeps you fit! Your body will thank you in a couple of months! In this job you actually get paid to exercise!
- Get paid your normal hourly rate during travel time between jobs – if you use your own car, you get an additional 96 cents per km travelled!
- We provide all equipment and chemicals, and pay for your insurance!
- You won’t find a better company to work for (in any industry), who actually values and appreciates their employees!
- Many cleaners have a “whatever” attitude. Our cleaners are cleaning professionals meaning no one in our organisation shares this attitude. If you work for us, you can look forward to being the best, and having the highest standards in the industry.
- We are a young company in it’s infancy stage. You will get to watch the company evolve before you, and you will be a crucial part of that growth!
What we require from you
Have a valid police clearance, or be willing to get one
Have previous cleaning experience at a professional level (preferred)
Own a fully insured and licenced car, and have a valid driver’s licence
Be willing to sign a non-compete clause of two years
Be fluent in English
Have a good work ethic, be willing to work at a fast pace, and be reliable
Own a smartphone
You must have a trainable attitude. This means you are adaptable, willing to improve, and learn new things.